"As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This post contains affiliate links"
So you just got a Dyson V6, huh? Nice!
It’s a great vacuum, but it can be tricky to figure out how to use it at first. Especially emptying the Dyson v6 bin.
Many Dyson owners don’t know how to empty their vacuums.
But it’s really easy!
“You just have to Turn off the vacuum, locate the red bin release button, and press and hold it while tilting the vacuum downwards to empty the dirt.”
Let me walk you through the steps on how to empty your Dyson V6 in a way that’s easy and efficient. I’ve got a few tips that will help you get the job done quickly and easily.
Let’s dive into the details of Dyson V6 upkeep and setup to unleash the brilliance of cleanup. Okay, so let’s begin!
How to empty Dyson v6?
You can follow below steps mentioned below to empty your Dyson V6:
Step#1 Disconnect the Vacuum from the Charger
The first step before you empty the Vacuum is to check whether your Vacuum is connected to the charger, so remove it first.
This will help you to avoid any random injuries or messing up the vacuum cleaner. So, you need to find the power cord and unplug it from the outlet.
Step#2 Check if the Vacuum is full
Dyson is marked with a “Max” line on the side of the dust bin that helps in determining the storage capacity of the bin. This “Max” fill line on the Dyson V6 is below the cylinder’s midway point.
You should dump your Vacuum when the dirt level hits this “Max” line; don’t wait for it to fill completely.
You must empty the Dyson V6 just at the bottom of its three maximum fill lines. It keeps your Dyson functioning at peak efficiency and prevents it from being clogged.
The trade-off is that you’ll have to empty the Vacuum more often, but it’s a minor price to pay to prevent it from becoming too full.
Step#3 Push the button on the bin
Check inside the bin to see if there is any trash in it before you remove the bin entirely. Put it in a trash bag.
The dustbin is the see-through cylinder projecting from the cavity beneath the Vacuum’s handle.
Get rid of as much dust as you can by shaking the Dyson V6 vacuum. It will make every step of the cleansing procedure.
Step#4 Remove the bin by pressing the button
The trash can may be emptied by pressing the button twice. When you push the button twice, the whole bin will pop off of the Vacuum.
It won’t just come off like that. You can pull the bin off from underneath by grabbing the brush end of the Vacuum and bringing it down.
- Clear up the trash can completely of any leftover dirt. Shake it around in a trash bag to remove as much as possible.
Step#5 Clean the trash can with a towel
I personally use a moist towel to wipe off the trash can. You shouldn’t use any detergent or disinfectant to clean the trash can.
You can clean it with a gentle cloth by soaking it in lukewarm water. See that it isn’t leaking in any way. Then, pick up the litter and throw it away or sweep it under the table.
- If the trash can isn’t too grimy, you can probably wipe it off with a dry towel. However, using a moist towel, you can take up even the most obstinate trash.
- Dishwashers are excessively hard on trash cans because of their high temperatures. When cleaning, always use your hands.
Step#6 Dry out the Trash can
Clean the trash can out with a fresh paper towel. You must clean and dry the trash can right away.
- You may dry the bin while you concentrate on cleaning the cyclone. Make a mental note to return to it before reconnecting it to the Vacuum’s main body.
- Ensure the bin is dry before reattaching it to the cyclone to prevent any damage to your Dyson V6.
Step#7 Remove dust by using a brush
Check out the Vacuum’s assortment of brush tools. You can remove the dust in the Dyson V6 vacuum by using a small combo brush.
The wall area where you hang your trashcan is likely to be caked with dust, but this is easily removed with a brush. Put it in the garbage can with the rest of the dirt and dust.
- If you can’t find the combo brush, you can use any other brush. Try picking a gentler option so as not to scratch the plastic.
- You can replace the Dyson V6 vacuum brush with a different one, a nylon scrub brush, or perhaps a used toothbrush.
If you want to keep the cyclone and the motor dry, you should only use a dry brush.
Step#8 Reattach the Trash bin
To reattach the container, you need to locate the tab towards the bottom edge of the filter shell on the front of the cyclone.
The front edge of the trash can is shaped to accommodate the tab. To install the trash bin, position the bin over the shroud and lift it into place until you hear a click.
Try tilting the bin and connecting the vacuum end first to simplify this process. If the container isn’t totally dry before being reinstalled, the Vacuum might be damaged.
- Discover the reasons behind Dyson’s premium pricing.
How Much Dirt Can The Dyson V6 Vacuum Hold?
The Dyson V6 can hold 0.4 liters of dirt. Because of its tiny size, this should be emptied after each use. Size-wise, it’s inferior to the V7, V8, V10, and V11.
That is why it’s crucial that you resist the urge to overfill your Dyson V6. Overfilling can considerably impair the Vacuum’s performance, but that’s hardly much consolation when you have to empty it so frequently.
Why do you need to empty your Dyson V6 vacuum regularly?
Cleaning and maintaining your Dyson vacuum’s health and functionality requires regular emptying. You should empty your Dyson V6 vacuum often for the following reasons:
1. If you want to keep your Dyson vacuum’s engine and battery from overheating, empty the dustbin before it’s full.
- Overheating is a leading cause of vacuum failure. Emptying your Dyson V6 vacuum regularly and taking breaks while using it can help you avoid this issue.
2. If you want to keep your Dyson’s suction strength, you should empty the dustbin whenever it becomes full. As a result, your Vacuum won’t be able to collect dust and grime as well as it normally would.
3. If you want to keep your home allergy- and infection-free, you should empty the Dyson V6 vacuum dust bin regularly since a full bin provides a good environment for the growth of mold, mildew, and dust mites.
Clean the dust bin and filter your Dyson vacuum to avoid this issue, often using warm water and a mild solution.
The Dyson V6 cordless vacuum cleaner may have been succeeded by the V7, V8, and other, more costly Dyson models, but it is still a fantastic product.
The V6 has a simple trap door design that lets dirt fall into an exterior bin, making it easy to empty.
However, you should always use an outside trash can when emptying a Dyson V6 vacuum.
Cleaning and emptying the vacuum outdoors is preferable from a hygiene standpoint since there is nothing to prevent tiny particles from escaping during the procedure.
If you have any queries, make use of the comment area below.
How often should I empty my Dyson V6 vacuum?
The amount of dirt and debris your Dyson V6 vacuum gathers up will determine how frequently you need to empty it. It should be emptied after each use or, at the very least, once each week.
What do I do if my Dyson V6 vacuum is clogged?
Clogged dirt and debris mean your Dyson V6 vacuum can’t do its job. Do these steps to unclog it:
- Turn off the Vacuum and take out the wand.
- Press the red button located at the most bottom of the garbage can while holding the Vacuum over the can.
- If there is any dirt or debris left in the trash can, you may get rid of it using a brush or a vacuum attachment.
- Plug the Vacuum back in and reconnect the wand.
Thanks For Visiting!